April 1, 2020 12:00 am
Temporary Free Fare – Effective April 1
Tulsa Transit will offer free fare to all passengers, as another safety measure, lasting throughout the month pending social distancing compliance. The continuation of this measure will depend upon riders respecting COVID-19 rules already in place such as the limitation of passengers per bus and keeping three to six feet of distance from others.
- Includes Fixed route, Nightline, Sunday and Lift services
- Fixed route riders will now board and de-board using the rear door of the bus
- To limit their interaction with drivers
- Front door entry will be limited to those requiring the ramp
- The fare-free period is not meant to encourage any additional ridership
- Passengers should utilize transportation for essential trips ONLY
- Essential work
- Medical appointments
- Grocery store
- Please be patient and courteous with one another
- Follow the instructions of the driver when riding
To ensure we are providing a safe and healthy environment, we are closely following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). The following service rules are required when using Tulsa Transit until further notice:
- SATURDAY LEVEL SERVICE
- Monday through Friday fixed route service will have a 60 min frequency
- Nightline and Sunday service will not be affected
- Route 508 will operate Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- 902 and 909 will combine, one morning trip and one night trip for express
- GIVE EACH OTHER SPACE
- Maintain at least 3-6 feet between yourself and the next person at all times.
- Vehicle capacity is limited to 8-12 passengers (6 passengers Nightline and Sunday services) by driver discretion.
- Vehicles already at capacity may not stop until an onboard stop is requested.
- WHEN RIDING
- Be prepared to take a seat immediately.
- Exit the bus through the rear door.
- ADA rules regarding mobility device securement are in effect.
- REQUESTING ASSISTANCE
- Only approach the operator after others have boarded.
- Do not cross the yellow line.